Very useful tips. I also suggest quickbooks premier support for fix your quickbooks issues.
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Feature
The users of QuickBooks have reported the common issue that is why it’s came up with a new feature known as QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery. In this article we will discuss the features in detail and how you can use it. And moreover, you can also take QuickBooks Help through the QuickBooks Online Support site.
Many times you might be working on something important on QuickBooks and somewhere an error prompts and creates disturbance in your work. Then in that situation, you can take assistance from our QuickBooks experts. It is more important that you don’t panic and find a solution to recover your lost data.
What Does QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Feature Do?
To protect the damaged or corrupted data in QuickBooks is the main motto behind introducing the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery. Now, it is also available in QuickBooks Enterprise.
Now, users can feel free because their data is safe and protected, with this auto data recovery feature. And users can perform their tasks without any issues. It is just like QuickBooks File Doctor that helps their customers to identify and solve the errors and the auto data recovery provides data security while ensuring a simplified accounting experience.
Using before QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
If you have suffered a data loss and want to make use of this feature, here are some points that you need to remember: –
- The ADR feature by QuickBooks is only available for the QuickBooks Desktop (Pro and Premier) as well as the Enterprise versions. It is presently unavailable for QBO.
- You cannot find this feature in the QB Accountant Edition.
- A shortcoming of ADR is that data backup does not take place if the overall data is more than 1.5 GB.
- You need to update your software to the latest update in order to take full advantage of the feature. Otherwise, you could encounter a problem like QuickBooks Error H202.
Ways to Recover Lost Data via QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
There are two ways to make use of this feature and recover lost data. We will be listing the steps for both ways for your convenience.
Method 1: Make Use of. TLG file with the.QBW.ADR file
- In order to recover everything from data to transactions, make use of the original Transaction Log File (.TLG) with the QuickBooks ADR file version of your company file.
- For this, you need to create a new folder on your desktop and name it as QB Test.
- Now, open the folder which has your company file.
- Then, copy and paste that file to the QB Test folder that is available on your desktop.
Stay Updated on the File Extension
- Use the Windows+E shortcut for opening the ‘My Computer’ window. Choose Folder Options.
- In case you have Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, select the View option and choose Filename.
- Then, choose the Hide Extensions option for the known files.
- Go ahead with Apply and OK
- Now, open the folder that contains the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery file. It is the same folder that also contains the company file.
- Copy and Paste the QBW.adr file to the QB Test folder
- Then, rename the QBW.adr file that you saved in the QB Test folder. You can remove.adr from the file’s name.
- Open QuickBooks followed by opening the company file. Then, check if all the transactions are there.
- Make use of the ‘Run’ window to check the authenticity of the company file.
- Change the location of the damaged company file and then safely copy the file from the QB Test folder to the original location.
Method 2: Use both .QBW and .TLG ADR Files
In this method, the user has to use the QuickBooks ADR file for both .TLG and .QBW files. Doing so will recover only those transactions that have been done under the last 12 hours.
- The first step is to go to generate a folder on your computer system’s desktop.
- Make a New Folder on your Desktop and name it as QB Test.
- After that, open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder and copy the .TLG and .QBW files.
- Lastly, paste those files in the QB Test folder.
Consult our Professionals to Know More
You can take assistance from QuickBooks Support by just dialing a toll-free QuickBooks Phone Number. If you cannot sue the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery feature and mandatory advance assistance. The QuickBooks Support team is always available in 24/7 hours to the solutions for your QuickBooks Software error and QuickBooks cloud hosting.
Please sign in to leave a comment.
Quickbooks is a product of intuit that provides you the system assistance in related to system data failure and also the other kinds of failures. One of its new products is Quickbooks File Doctor that provides full assistance from all the system related problems and queries.
QuickBooks for Windows or QBW file stores Company files and its financial data. If this file gets corrupted then this professional Quickbooks data Recovery software help the users to restoring Quickbooks data, along with backup file.